Dependant Pass is issued to legally married spouses and children of benefactors holding an Employment Pass or S Pass. The benefactor must be drawing a salary of at least $4,000 and working in Singapore. Children (including legally adopted) must be under 21 years and unmarried.
The following documents must be produced along with the application form for issue of Dependant Pass.
- A sponsor letter from an established Singapore registered company. The sponsor is usually the company that has contracted a job agreement with the benefactor of the Dependant Pass applicant.
- The application form must be signed by the applicant, and endorsed with the sponsor company’s seal and signature of its authorized officer.
- In cases where the applicant is below 16 years, the application must be signed by one of the parents (usually the benefactor) in addition to other requirements.
- A passport-size photo of the applicant taken within 3 months preceding the date on which application is submitted.
- All particulars pertaining to the applicant’s passport and travel documents. Applicants who share a common passport with the benefactor should submit details as in the benefactor’s passport/travel documents.
To establish the facts of relationship with the benefactor such as for proving marital relationship, the applicant must produce an official marriage certificate copy. Unmarried children should produce their official birth certificate copy with the name of the parents included in it. Legally adopted children can produce a copy of the official adoption certificate or any other document establishing the fact of adoption.
Where an original document is not in English, the applicant must arrange for an English translation copy from a certified translator, the High Commission/Embassy or a notary public. Applicants are also required to pay a fee at the time of application, and another fee at the actual time of receiving the pass.